The follow-up in the learning activities, finds the partners of the project and their guests, visiting Cyprus, to further learn and exchange experiences on the theme of health awareness and provisions for people over the age of 60.
The activity took place in two places, Larnaka and Nicosia, from 11 to 13 of May 2022.
Some key findings from the visit are the following:
- Development of activities for the whole communities, so that the elderly don’t feel left aside
- Provision for activities on how they keep people over 60+ active all the time with dancing, visits, singing, handicrafts, cooking, home care etc.
- businesses to be in close cooperation with health care sector to develop methods to prevent people stay isolated and lonely after retairement
- organise seminars within the workplace to educate employees before retirement
- municipalities’ cooperation efforts with government officials to systematisize activities for all inhabitants in all municipaities